Science-Baked Learning Methodology

Based on the latest adult learning theory and the growing body of scientific insights about human interaction, Hackee has developed a platform to enable employers to scale transformational peer coaching & mentoring across their organization.

Unprecedented learning outcomes due to experiential learning, verbalization, accountability, and social reinforcement.

Learning Culture Transformation

Creates a true learning culture and develops psychological safety.

Builds Connection

Meets the growing need for authentic human connection at work.

Breakthrough Learning Model

Experiential and relational learning

Only 10% of learning is from courses. The other 90% is from other people and on the job experiential learning.

Verbalization

By processing new ideas and information out loud, peer coaching & mentoring increases the odds that the information will be retained.

A chance of completing a goal rises to 95% if you have a specific accountability appointment.

Commitment to Follow Through

ASTD found that you have a 65% chance of completing a goal if you make acommitment to someone. This probability rises to 95% if you have a specific accountability appointment. With peer coaching & mentoring, employees make a commitment to each other to complete the process and understand that their colleague is dependent on them to achieve their goal as well.

Social reinforcement

By being in the presence of people who have helped us build new behavioural habits for in the past, this can re-trigger this habit and create behavioural change. So, each time someone interacts with someone who served as a peer coach it will trigger the desired behaviours and mindset.

If an organization is able to do rotational peer coaching where employees are able to work with different peer coaches over time, desired behavioural change is triggered as they interact with the colleagues in the regular course of work.

Connection Gap

49% of people report not having meaningful relationships at work.

Social Retention

According to a 2018 study WorkplaceTrends, 60% of people stay longer if they had more friends.

Learning Culture

Offering online and offline courses and encouraging managers are important, however, to make a true learning culture it needs to be part of the social fabric of an organization. Peer coaching turns every colleague into part of an employee’s learning team and brings learning into the daily experience of work.

Culture of Helpfulness

In other words, helping someone makes people feel good. Mentoring enables employees to experience helping others directly. Done on a large scale this becomes part of the culture of the organization and changes the perception about the organization.

Empathy, inclusion, belonging and psychological safety

More than skills or talent, psychological safety has been found to be the foundation of high performing teams. When people feel comfortable expressing themselves without fear of negative consequences, it brings out the best in them. Peer coaching develops psychological safety by building empathy skills and removing fear from relationships with colleagues. It also helps to establish commonality between people and reinforce a sense of belonging. This creates a work environment where people thrive regardless of their background.

Making employees happy and fulfilled

Mentoring & peer coaching, in its design, is a fulfilling experience. It enables us to make an impact on another person. 

Workers were willing to give up 25% of their life’s earnings in exchange for work that felt meaningful. The biggest factor in work feeling meaningful? – Personal Growth. In fact, 42% of millenials are leaving companies because they are not learning fast enough.  

There is a 1% chance of being fulfilled without meaningful RELATIONSHIPS.

There is a 2% chance of being fulfilled without meaningful IMPACT.

There is a 1% chance of being fulfilled without personal and professional GROWTH.

We invest close to 40 hours of the year on learning and development for our people. What if we used half those hours to have 20 peer coaching conversations with three to five colleagues across the organization? This would empower employees to engage in these meaningful conversations with peers across the organization roughly every other week.